Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Patriotic Sheep Stitching..


Hello friends!
Here is my 8th stitchmaynia finish for 2017! I started 24 and this is the 8th I have finished..
With Thy Needle and Thread.. Patriotic Poppies..Isn't it fun?
I used this frame from the thrift store..$1.99 and chalk painted it. I added navy ticking fabric to the back of the frame ..
I made a flower out of red, white and blue striped ribbon that I dyed with coffee . a torn strip of dark red gingham is under the bow,it's stitched on coffee/ tea dyed 28 count evenweave.It ended up being about 9 x 11inches
I did make some floss changes.. the leaves and stems were done with Classic Colorworks Avocado, the sheep in Classic Colorworks Shabby sheep..and the blue on the sheep and flag is Classic Colorworks Blue Corn. love the colors and just the overall piece!

the little poppies I freehand cut from felt and added a little gathering stitch so they were 3 dimensional..
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous in that frame. WOW! Thanks for your inspiration.

janicek said...

Seriously Cute!! Love the addition of the felt flowers, and of course the charming framing!

DianeM said...

I love the addition of the felt flowers!! Another inspiring project, it's all I can do not to buy ALL these charts...LOL. I did purchase "Red, White, and Bloom" after seeing yours all done...next week summer vacation starts (woohoo) and I plan to start some serious stitching.
Smiles, DianeM :)

Unknown said...

A very summery Patriotic piece and with your embellishments makes it more special. Kathleen in Az

Karen said...

Love it! The felt flowers are a wonderful touch.

Carol said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I have this chart, just haven't stitched it, but seeing yours makes me want to get started :)