Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Vintage Window and a Nest...

Hello friends! 
Hope you have had a great week so far ..It is almost the weekend! 
A few days ago I finished stitching Where Hearts Rest by With Thy Needle and Thread. I didn't have an idea how I would like to finish it, and I searched my basement for a frame but I had nothing.

 Today I had the idea to put it in a wreath on the vintage window in my family room so that's what i did! I had a small cotton branch wreath there but it just wasn't big enough ..

 I mounted the stitching on sticky needlework board and the same for the dark red homespun check. Glued those two together. Then I made a bow out of some twine wired ribbon that I had taken off a Fall decomesh wreath that I was throwing away. I added some of the burlap ribbon with the aqua center ..then took a nest from my Spring decorations and glued it to the top of the bows.
I added some of the thistle balls and also some little daisy looking flowers. I Added a strip of the homespun fabric for hanging and there it is ..Done .. and I love it! ( of course I do or I wouldn't be showing you!)
I will be back tomorrow with another finish!


If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

2 comments:

Kathleen George said...

It's fun to find bits and pieces of what you already have to finish up the wreath, a cute stichery too:).
Kathleen in Az

Quiltsmiles said...

I love your finishes and this nest presented in the grapevine wreath is perfect! I know you mention in several posts about framing your counted cross stitch and then using magnets. I'm having trouble framing a spring finish myself and wondered do you have or would you make a photo heavy tutorial?