Saturday, March 19, 2016

Springing Up The Burlap Wreath


Happy Saturday! 
Hope you have exciting weekend plans!
 Yesterday I decided to spring up the burlap wreath that hangs on the door to our basement..
I love ..love..love the faux cotton branches so I wanted to add some to the burlap wreath 
This was how it looked before I changed it up.. 
I went to Michael's yesterday and got 2 pink flowering branches that look like cherry blossoms.. I also got the burlap colored gingham ribbon there for the bow. 
 I cut the long ends off the pink flowering branches and also cut the long ends off of two cotton branches. I then used floral wire to attach the bundles of pink flowers and cotton together. One cotton, one pink flowers wired in the middle. I then wired the bundle to the wreath form ..made my bow and I left the wire long enough to attach the bow to the wreath with it. I used one spool of the ribbon for the bow ..I might go back and get another to kind of weave around the wreath a little more .


 But I am loving the easy change up.. So nice to have a fresh wreath!

If you need instructions on how to do the burlap wreath you can click here..

If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The pretty pink branches says Spring to me. Happy Spring Day!
Kathleen in Az

Myra said...

I wouldn't add a thing .... it's perfect!

Pondside said...

Such a pretty wreath. The gingham and pink blossoms just make it perfect.

angelasweby said...

Beautiful Spring colours. Your decorations really life the spirits.

Carol said...

How sweet your Spring wreath turned out Priscilla--the cotton blossoms are a perfect touch and I love the ribbon, too.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Priscilla,
Love this wreath so pretty!! And love the cotton branches..... I am off now to see how you made it..

Hugs,Deb