Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Picket Fence Halloween Countdown

 While visiting Pinterest a few weeks ago I came across a wooden countdown  sign using this saying .. I love this saying as it is one of my favorite cross stitch pieces ! It was one of those phantom pins that lead to nowhere so I came up with my own version !
 We went to the Home Depot and bought 5 pieces of picket fence and had an employee cut 2 boards to attach them together. My daughter and I actually built this :) We then tried spray painting it but it wasn't covering good enough so we painted it off white.

It sat in the garage for a couple weeks before I had the guts to paint it. I just free handed the words. I used pencil to get everything where I wanted it then just painted away. I added a thrifted silver tray that I painted with chalkboard paint to use for the countdown.

 I added black and white check burlap ribbon to the top, a little banner from black and orange fabrics, and The little wood beware sign. I love it ! It looks fabulous on my front porch with my #spookyspaces wreath for Joann Fabrics !
 We are ready for all the Trick or Treaters to come ! And you can bet I have a Christmas version running around in my head :)
 Thanks for stopping by and your nice comments !
 Don't forget to use your Joann Fabrics coupon !
Linking to :

12 comments:

Gabriele said...

Wonderful decoration! Wish I could do it here in Germany!
Greetings

Cole said...

I want to take my kids trick-or-treating at your house! Your porch looks amazing!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Pricilla, your creativity and magic never ceases to amaze me! Gorgeous, well done, perfect, bravo, encore, encore! LOVE IT!

Petunia Pill said...

PERRRR-FECT!

Barb said...

I love your countdown fence. It adds just the right touch to your already beautiful porch.

Carol said...

I'll bet your house is the favorite in the neighborhood for trick-or-treating, Priscilla. Your little Halloween countdown sign is adorable!! And I love all those pumpkins from your previous post. You definitely know how to celebrate Halloween :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh yes Priscilla, you are ready! Love the count down. I think I will write it on my large chalkboard upstairs. What a fun Halloween Home you have created! I will be decorating my front porch on Monday. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Kayla @ Home Coming said...

This looks great! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/diyers-32-and-marathon-weekend.html

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is awesome!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your fence, how perfect is this. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

razmag said...

I love your countdown fence. It adds just the right touch to your already beautiful porch.

Andrea Lim said...

Thank you for sharing such valuable information and knowledge. It is very useful and informative. It would be great to see more updates from you soon. Fence