Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In the Garden and Santa Time !

 
Good Morning ! I thought I would show you how my garden is growing for the middle of July . Since we live on a corner this is our back yard ! Not too much of it ! We do have big side yards and a big front yard. We previously had shrubs lining the sidewalk , but about 3 years ago I ripped them all out and planted perennials. There is always something blooming and it looks so pretty !
 
 
 This is on my hydrangea in the sidewalk garden , theres only one flower but it is so pretty !
 The potatoes after about 10 days are growing pretty good ! I took the other potatoes out of the bigger pot and it was 4 pounds of potatoes.. So the smaller pot gave us more !
 These mallow plants grow back on their own, Last year when I ripped them all out at the end of the season I left them all in a pile here to get picked up so there are so many of them growing in this little area . They look like mini hollyhocks !
 The blackberries are starting to turn , we are going to have a ton ! I might have to open a farmstand to get rid of them all :)
 These are the garden potatoes, with a row of zinnias behind them. They look like they are doing well.. hope there's a lot of wonderful red potatoes under ground waiting for us !
 I also planted a row of zinnia seeds along the fence of the garden My zucchini are actually growing this year and we will be eating a couple today ! Not so sure if the green beans are going to make it , we had a lot of rain a few weeks ago and they got a greenish yellow color .. still have not turned bright green.



 This photo is from the end of the sidewalk to the end of our yard. Those are all the raspberry and blackberry bushes back there.
 We have been picking a few handfuls of these a day , they are so good.. I just need more plants ! They keep multiplying .. just not fast enough :)
 The blackberry plants are HUGE this year !
 I love our little patio area ...too bad the mosquitos are out in force !
 I have two little pots of the mini petunias in a vintage tool box on the patio table. they are getting so big.
July by the Prairie Schooler... I finished it last night ! Love it ! My first cross stitch not on Aida cloth !
 My daughter and I went  to an Estate sale last week. I got the big Santa for $8.00 , he has a price tag of $225.00 ..he is made from a vintage quilt .. He will fit right in at Christmas time around here ! I also got the 3 Possible Dreams Santas for 5- 7 dollars each. They will be perfect to add to my collection. I got those huge ornaments for $4.00 for the box of 4 .. I thought I got some really good deals !
Isn't he just fabulous !
My neighbor brought me over these fabulous hydrangeas ! They are humungous ! One of them is as big as a dinner plate !
 
 
 





























I love this photo of the youngest grandson ! He loves playing with the hose so much !

Hope you are having a great week !
Thanks so much for your visits and nice comments !
linking to :http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.jannolson.blogspot.com/



11 comments:

Kris said...

Well, this was fun! I loved seeing all of your pretty flowers!!! I have an area in our front/side yard, that is very hard to keep green. I am letting my pumpkins take over!! Right now, I have 18 big orange pumpkins, with a second bumper crop shooting off like crazy, with dozens more. And then a whole new pot of them starting out with even more. I will have my own pumpkin patch!!!
LOVE your newest cross stitch. So cute. And the Santas...wow!! Good shopper!!!
Have a great day friend!
xo Kris

Barb said...

This was a great post, the flowers are beautiful, love the PS July , and what a deal on the Santas! Then to end the post with that adorable little boy.

Tammy N said...

So much to see ! Love all your beautiful garden photos, but the one of your grandson wins the prize.

Barbara F. said...

Things are growing so beautifully in your yard, and I love the Possible Dreams Santa. I have two purchased years ago, they were quite expensive. Great buy on them, I have the one with the baby, too. xo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a beautiful garden and I adore that picture of your grandson. How fun is that. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Lady of the Manor said...

Love your garden! I bet you spend hours there, I know I would! Glad your grandson helps with the watering! :)

Jennelise said...

Beautiful garden!!!!!
Jennelise

Carol said...

Love, love, love your PS July finish, Priscilla!! Congratulations!! And your gardens look wonderful--you sure pack a lot in to what you call a "small" backyard :)

That is a wonderful photo of your grandson--love how you can see each water drop!

Catherine said...

Love your PS! And your gardens are wonderful ~ the bugs are bad he this year, guess it was all the rain we've had! Your grandson is adorable!!!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, your garden is just beautiful! I am lusting after lush and green as I look out the window at mostly dry and brittle.....lol! Oh well, in a couple of months, we can start to have lush and green again! Great finds at the yard sale -- wonderful Santa!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I enjoyed touring your garden and you've inspired me to plant some blackberry bushes! We have had a lot of rain, too, and it ruined our corn crop this year. But the tomatoes loved the rain! Love your new Santa with his quilted clothing!