Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall tablerunner project & starting to decorate for Fall !

I made this table runner yesterday from osnaburg and some plaid homespun.. I saw a subway art table runner on pinterest and this is my version .. Today I got out my craft paints and foam stamps and used fall words to stamp the runner.. I am going to cut out shapes from felt ( I think)of pumpkins and leaves and sew them on in a few spots. Also when the stamping dries I am going to add another ruffle in a coordinating homespun a couple inches up from the first one. Those big empty spots actually have the word family in a light goldish yellow.. just doesn't show up in the photo



Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with the finished project !
http://pinterest.com/pin/7036943138823059/   The pinterest link to the subway art burlap runner
The roosters on top of the buffet in the kitchen got a little autumn treatment.. love the sunflowers.

And some fall flowers for this rooster area..

The front porch where the scarecrows are hanging out .. I got those mums yesterday at Walmart for 2.98 and they are big !

Decomesh wreath on the front door, made this last fall but yesterday I added the mesh burlap ribbon and some glass bead picks from hobby lobby.. I bought the picks for a decomesh garland I am making for my hallway but they didn't show up enough so I will go back to get something different..



I still need some cornstalks and my carload of pumpkins and gourds.. That won't happen until Sept. 22 , but I am ready ! Love pumpkin picking day !

Scarecrow couple sitting in a pumpkin chair in the hallway..

Family room mantle, I made the banner with my Cricut and scrapbook supplies.. I added some fall leaf garlands , some burlap ribbon and some dried hydrangeas from my neighbors yard .. love the hydrangeas


In my backyard it is still summer ! Flowers everywhere!

Tomatoes still by the ton.. getting a little slower to ripen..still making lots of roasted tomato sauce


The little orange flowers are a kind of zinnia ..

The big orange ones are zinnias too !




In the crochet world, I am still enjoying putting this granny square together as I go .. ( not too much progress )

My sons blanket is almost finished..


I started crocheting the football while watching the reall housewives of new jersey and got so engrossed in the show I messed it all up and had to rip it out.But heres a photo of what was left after the ripping..
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for all your nice comments ! I appreciate all of you !
http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Share Your Creations
The progress I made last night.. still going to add another homespun ruffle and 2 little felt footballs !

Photobucket
http://theinspiredroom.net/

Tuesday Garden Party

8 comments:

Carol said...

What a great table runner, Priscilla, and I love the idea of making felt shapes and adding to it. That must have taken you a long time to plan exactly where all the words should go.

Your fall decorating is so pretty and that reminds me that I need to take off my spring/summer wreath and put up my autumn one soon. I really love decorating for autumn--even more than for Christmas!

Kris said...

My goodness, you are all decked out! Iove the runner! Did you use stencils or stamps? So festive!
Hmmm, I just happen to have some osnaburg too.
I usually grow corn, and then let my stalks dry for my porch display. But I didn't do corn this year. Darn it! I buy oodles of pumpkins too and put them everywhere!
I can't wait. Love your decorations!!!
XO Kris

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Love your touches of fall! And the runner is really pretty! ...coming to you from Kristen's! :)

Becca Bertotti said...

I love your table runner! I can only imagine how long it took to create it ... very original and it looks great on your table! Your oher Fall embellishments are beautiful!

Yael at Home Garden Diggers said...

I Love, Love, Love your table runner. That will be so nice on the fall table. Your garden does not show much signs of letting up. I love fall.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Tania Pelletier said...

OH! I love that table runner! I have a plain white one that I think I must transform now!

Tania

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

That is so lovely! I would love for you to post it at SHOW-licious Crafts Showcase. Just follow the link www.sewlicioushomedecor.com. I love exchanging craft ideas with new friends/readers! :)

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

That turned out so good. You did a great job. I love it. So many ideas....beautiful home and I really loved the wreath you did on the front door. Yay for you!
Blessings,
Debbie